There are instances that a tree fell from the car unexpectedly; however, does your car is insured? What type of insurance is appropriate in this type of incident?
When a tree fell into your car during a bad storm; an accidentally chopped tree branch fell to your vehicle while trimming Comprehensive Auto insurance will cover all tree-related damages. Whatever it is, a comprehensive insurance policy will cover the loss. Comprehensive coverage is the most expensive type of car insurance. It includes damage caused by storms, hail, theft, vandalism, and more. However, it does not cover accidents with other vehicles, which result in a collision. Comprehensive and collision are different in each other, having both are not an advisable but the right decision if you want to have a full insurance coverage for your car. For more details, get more help at a car insurance company.
Here are the steps to do after a tree fall to your vehicle:
- If you noticed that the fall of a tree had damaged your car, call your insurance company about it.
- Give a precise and exact detail about the incident.
- Take some photos of the damages
Remember that it is essential that when your car was or have been damaged, it is best to call your insurance company to help you with what further steps you should be taken.
Furthermore here are the other examples which a comprehensive coverage is available such as:
- Natural disasters – storm, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and tornadoes.
- Broken Windshield.
- Being theft of the parts of the vehicle or the entire car.
- Fallen objects – this includes trees, branches projectiles or ice.
- The animals do damage to your vehicle.
Here are the other situations that Comprehensive insurance does not cover such as:
- Car damage from a collision
- You damage another vehicle
- Medical expenses after the incident
Why consider getting one?
If you are having second thoughts about getting insurance, here are the things that you should consider:
- The lender or your lender will require you to have collision and comprehensive coverage if you are renting it until you fully paid the vehicle.
- You must also consider the age of your car and its worth. Can you afford to pay any amount of the repair? Well if you can’t, having a comprehensive is more advisable.
How many days does it take to get a claim?
Some states have different types of guidelines on how to get claims quickly. There is an insurance company that has a minimum of 15 days to acknowledge requests. If the application is accepted, you will expect the payment within 30 days from the date that it is settled.
Whether you have Insurance Company, you must always remember to be careful wherever you are, especially when you are riding your vehicle. Have a safe trip always. Make sure you remember these details to have a good auto insurance coverage. We hope we provided you useful information you can use.